- Deaconry: we partner with them to do visitation to the church members who may need visitation or may request for the same.
- Prison ministry: we also partner with them to do visitation to the prisons.
- Hospital ministry: we again partner with them to help us minister to the sick in hospitals and at their rooms/homes. We as well pray together with the sick.
- Singing ministries: these ministries partner with us to visit their members who may need or requests for visitation.
- Children ministry: they also help us do visitation to the children’s home and also visit any child who may need visitation.
As we do these visitation its our custom to carry some items for the need such as clothes, food, spiritual books etc.
We also try to our effort to help students and others who may lack food, upkeep money, hospital bills etc. This we do together with church elders and treasury department.
Source of our resources
- We depend mostly on contributions from church members who always donate money, clothes, food etc.
- We also get them from treasury and church planning and strategic committee.
- We also get some contributions from community members.
- Some other contributions come from well wishers
To make KUSDA church be everybody’s home away from home.
Provide service to everyone equally and through prayers carry one another’s burden to Christ’s Calvary.
- Come up with diverse ways of raising funds such as projects, programs that can generate funds eg fitness programs.
- Create and foster mutual assistance amongst members.
- Create more emphasis and constant reminder to the church members of the importance of monetary contributions towards the welfare kitty as well as socio-psychological assistance.
- Find a way to make church members more acquainted with the are department to make it easier for the members to air their issues.
- Encourage church members to donate anything they have that will benefit a fellow church member such as toiletries, foodstuffs and clothes.
Welfare leader :Judy Kirigo (+254715908142)
Secretary welfare :Felgona Obuya
There are six categories in the department;
Events and Activities.
- The department assisted six students in settling their school fees arrears.
- The department came up with a foodstuff budget worth Ksh. 24000 to support the church members.
- More than one hundred church members are beneficiaries of the welfare support in terms of bereavements and foodstuffs.
- Donation of clothes, foodstuffs, nd toiletries to prisons and children’s homes.
- To source for sponsorship for the welfare kitty.
- Holding two fundraisers each semester to boost the welfare kitty. This can be made aware to the church members through fliers and posters.
- Creation of platforms where students can be more independent.
- Making income-generating projects regularly.